We hold that the establishment of a new international political and economic order should reflect the universal desire and common interests of the people of all countries of the world and should embody the needs of the historical development and the progress of the times. The Five Principles of Peaceful Co-existence, the purposes and principles of the United Nations Charter and other universally recognized principles governing international relations should become the basis of the new international political and economic order. Concretely speaking, this new order should adhere to the following basic principles:
(1) Mutual respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity, mutual non-aggression and non-interference in each other's internal affairs.
(2) Persist in using peaceful means to handle international disputes. Oppose the arbitrary use of force or threat to use force by virtue of military advantage, and completely cast away the Cold War mentality and all acts of power politics arising therefrom.
(3) The sovereignty of all countries of the world is equal. All countries, strong or weak, rich or poor, are the equal members of the international community and have the equal rights to participate in world's affairs. No country or group of countries has the privilege to place itself above the international community. The first duty of the United Nations in safeguarding world peace and stability should be fully respected.
(4) Respect the national conditions of various countries and seek common ground while reserving differences. Every country has the right to choose its own social system and path of development independently. The world itself is colorful and varied, and it is impossible to have only one mode. The differences in social system and concept of values of all countries should not become an obstacle in the development of normal state relations, even less the reason for interfering in the internal affairs of other countries.
(5) Mutual beneficial cooperation and common development. There should be mutual cooperation, equality and mutual benefit and common progress between countries, especially between the developed countries and the developing countries. The irrational old international economic order should be reformed to make it favorable to the safeguarding of the rights and interests of the all countries in the world, especially the vast number of developing countries.
China is ready to work jointly with all other countries in the world for bring about a just and equitable new international political and economic order and for creating a new world of lasting peace and common prosperity.